Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Nov 16, 2008

In The Beginning Was The Word



The plan is I tell stories. Some will be real, some will be fictional, some will be loosely based on something I have read or seen or an image I can't get out of my head. It will also be the story of my journey as I become a commuter junkie, living in Kerry and working and in digs in the week in Cork. This will also be my repository for the arty photos I try to create, at the moment I working with water, the movement of it, the swirls, the noises and the destructive influence this gift of life creates.
I don't always have a lot of time so I am not commiting to a daily blog, it will be however and whenever I can make it, but I commit to a once a week creative writing spluge and a photo. The picture above is me taking a shot of St Finbarr's Chuch in Gougane barra. There is a reason why some people are behind the camera, and I perfect this statement.
I have been inspired to start a blog by a Ben Elton book, "Blind Faith" which introduces us to a post apocalyptic London that is run via the internet by people purporting to be of faith but really is just an excuse for indecent living. I can understand the premise and the theme, but the exposition was unexciting, having read 1984 as a child it took only a little time to work out the twists that were going to occur. Even to the end when I knew he had to get someone to activate the virus. I will never write as well as Ben on paper but in answer to the need for privacy as opposed to revealing all in the name of 15 seconds of fame. I hope I find a happy balance that will neither be too private nor too verbose

No comments: