Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Aug 21, 2009

rainbows III



We didn't have rainbows on Zylmor, it didn't rain during the day, the first time I remember experiencing rain on earth I thought the sky was falling in, it made no sense to me.
In Dromdrevc we were in a climate controlled bubble so we saw neither good or bad weather, the lights dimmed towards evening and brightened again in the early morning. To be honest it could have been any length of time, I don't recall days getting shorter or longer as they do on earth. in my homeplace it rained during the night, I would hear the pitter pat on the roof of the homestead, I call it a roof but it wasn't a separate structure like here, it was integral to the building. Days on Zylmor were bright but chilly, we could never have considered wearing as little as a t-shirt outside, we were always wrapped up and because of the air composition we had breathers on always. Inside the buildings piped gas kept us suitably aired. I don't remember playing out in the street as children in Kerry do, we went to lessons, came home and performed chores or homelessons. There was no time for play or chasing rainbows

No comments: