Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Apr 27, 2012

random old posts


In 2004, three years before I attempted to begin the life of a creative, I apparently began to write. I have no recollection of these posts, can't remember the specific memories, but hey, it is not bad.....

Coronation Street is starting on the television below, a child is playing with cars at my feet, another is attempting to braid my hair. My eldest son grunts acknowledging his existence whilst my main squeeze attends to the animals. Our life although technologically inspired is a relatively simple one. No wild parties and a social life that never registers on the Richter Scale. Why are we here, what is it in our life that appeals to us - that magnetically charges us to be pleasantly enlivened by the arrival of a newly deserted trampled by life cat or a new use for junk. Do we spy others living lives that cause us to be envious - no. And that puzzles me. I am content to live my simple life, goal-less and ambition-less whilst letting the faster life surround me and mine.
New Year's Eve 2004


Books are being taken down from the case with care - soccer skills with Michael Owen is Séan's choice tonight whilst Aary is still reading Ghost Bird to Alfie, Alfie is our newest family member - he arrived on Christmas Day a teddy bear for Daddy from Aary. Aary considers himself to be Alfie's big brother and reads to him morning and night. Coronation Streer music just erupted and as quickly it started; it ended. My intuition tells me it was on a break. We get very long ad breaks in Ireland five sometimes six commercials. The best at the moment are the drink in moderation ones especially the ones aimed at teenagers.
New Year's Eve 2004

No comments: