Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Jul 22, 2012

geeks in {hot} water

What's a girl to do? I am a geek hidden behind a blonde exterior, but geek is my language. I love to speak it, the Polgar sisters were taught Esperanto, as I was as a child. I don't like it, it makes sense from a logic POV.

BUT

language is beautiful in it's natural form. Sometimes a phrase comes from Esperanto that then means something to the greater population - "Insulo de la Rozoj,"  but my favourite is drako-reĝo and in another lifetime I wrote a story about one. Having said that, Esperanto is not a language I know now.

Some people don't understand "geek" because it is more than just a language it is a lifestyle that some of us manage to intermingle with normality and some of us don't. We are given a problem and we very quickly evaluate the possibilities and make a decision on the best resolution. It does not conform to social niceties, it is only concerned with a logical result.

Today I had such a problem, I was given all the negative data and chose a course of action that resulted in "that" look and that sound of exasperation. Oops I have ignored social convention but got a good result for me.

One person in the entire world thinks something bad about me, the rest don't know. I don't agree with the "bad" and given the same set of circumstances I would do the same again. It wasn't a sin it was a social un-nicety.

Jesus was not one to follow the crowd, he had the crowd following him. He made waves, he quietly created fuss in the right places whilst be so compassionate in the "bad" places. The incident reminded me that I am not a happy-clappy, I am in the swamp at the edges of society, speaking geek, living in Jubilee.

BECAUSE

The Lord wants me too

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.  His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.


No comments: