Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Sep 13, 2012

getting a toe caught

Rainbowsocks

technically it wasn’t a caught

I stubbed my broken toe in the supermarket so I was limping

To make it easier and less painful I turned the trolley sideways

This gave great relief

BUT

When I went outside to the van it caught in a drain somehow and the trolley tipped over

Landing on my broken toe

Such pain

Four really nice Tralee people helped me with the food – all over the car park

So kind, so thoughtful, so nice.

In the van driving I cried, it so hurt.

I stopped at “Jam” for coffee, cappuccinos can make even the sorest toe less so!

I was reading, sipping coffee, basking in sunshine, crying.

Crying because it hurt but also crying in pity – self pity.

I read about this guy on a cross, not Jesus, the one next to him, the one that asked Jesus to remember him.

42 Then he said, ‘Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Luke 23

He didn’t ask for pity, he didn’t ask for a place, he just asked to be remembered. He was in pain, his hands were pierced, his feet were pierced and yet he knew Jesus for who he was.

He asked to be remembered by the one person who could remember, he asked God to remember him.

Put my pity party into perspective.  

Eternal life does not start when we die. This guy was nearly dead, he was dying on a cross on a rubbish dump outside Jerusalem. He spoke of hope, he spoke of truth, he spoke of accepting judgement, he admitted his sins.

He admitted his sins before Jesus on the Cross, he asked to be remembered, he was unworthy of a place at the table, he was unworthy of eating the crumbs

He got a family seat at the table of the Lord, minutes or hours before his earthly death. What a blessing we have.

We are assured of that seat at the family table of the Lord.

I stopped crying, I still had to get home on a painful broken toe but the pity was gone, the look at me I am soooo sad pity, the pity party of one was over.

I sang to the Lord on the rest of my journey

So grateful

No comments: