Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Aug 7, 2009

Flower of the Future

I have never been a lover of cut flowers, the kind purchased in the florist and unfortunately everyone around me knows this. I don't understand how people can say " I would've brought you flowers but I know you don't like them" and then not bring something else instead. It was my wedding anniversary yesterday and because of the weird living arrangements I went on a date with my husband. We went to the Liberty Grill on Washington Street, I has Salad Nicoise and Sean had a lamb burger, we both had fries which were the most disappointing aspect (why do chippers manage to peel real potatoes but restaurants can't) and it was a lovely evening but no flowers. After twenty two years not a petal between us.
In my world of tomorrow I will accept flowers graciously and I will be given flowers (hopefully from the garden) and also hopefully not sent but brought. I might have to wait another twenty two years before Sean gets the message though.

No comments: