Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Aug 6, 2009

Tomorrow's Harvest


I am learning how to take good photographs, I am learning to sing, I am learning how to write creatively, I am learning how to do echocardiography, I am learning how to check pacemakers, I am learning how to cope with an adult child with a disability, I am learning how to live my life in the light of God.
None of these learnings is being forced on me, even the work related ones were my choice, my decision to move to Cork to further my career, my decision to part-time parent and marriage.
So why for someone who only wants to come home after work, mess with the kids and play a computer game or two do I challenge myself by learning new skills. I am not driven by money, I am not driven at all, but I think now since I have been walking with Jesus I can do more and not give up. There is a litany of given up projects from art to sax to baking to diy. I wrote a poem about it called Finishing but this was before I started to finish things.
Tomorrow I will be able to sing confidently, my photography will have a gallery show, I will accomplish my work related tasks, I with Ross will overcome more barriers and I will continue to bask in the glow of the Lord. Tomorrow, imagine opening night in Killarney Art Gallery with me singing in the corner, okay so a little ambitious but something to work toward! More learning.

No comments: