Zylmor, Dromdrevc and life as it is

Writing - both fiction and non-fiction, really bad poetry, photos, paintings and stuff


Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Apr 27, 2012

managed choice


Radio drone, a buzzing of words and language, noticing a different person begining to chat and falling back into a drone. The tippety tip of nearly thirty girls poring over their keyboards, a giggle - hesitant at first and then a more robust titter as something risque is broadcast to the nation.
I don't understand them - their talk of makeup and clothes - I don't do that. Once an orange girl was explaining that her usual makeup was empty so used another that was too dark - she even said herself she'd been "tangoed" Would it not be a better option to come without makeup and give rhetoric on the empty tube? Somethings are just too taboo in the office of the Managed Choice Insurance Inc. 
The sound of the girls getting ready for the morning break, the opening of the bags to take out the apple or yoghurt, the little click and mmmm as they re-apply lipstick using the shine on the monitors to see a good coverage. What is needed is enough to leave a bright red stain on each tea mug. My Robert Plant moment as break time the robot models are leaving enmass all heels and nylons a crescendo of gossip lingering till the doors swing shut. Droning radio, I think it a management tool in thought supression. well suppress this: I go into overdrive 30 minutes of free assault on the American Medical Insurance Dream. The keys are flying, the claims are being paid, no queries being made on whether orthotics are medically necessary or not. In this daily window of opportunity I don't ask these questions just pay pay pay. I try to get through 100 claims and then I leave each day with a wide smile knowing I have made 100 people's lives a little lighter because their medical bills got paid.
The trip trap of the heels and lippy come back into my hearing and I slow down, take five minutes to let my heart beat a little slower and the flush in my cheeks to subside - If the ladies around me thought (and that is strtching things) about me and my breaks I think they would see the palpatations and ruddiness as a sign of something else.
I have worked here for nine years during which I have endured this daily nonsense to be continued

No comments: